Let’s talk all things jean shorts, shall we? Jean shorts are a summer wardrobe workhorse for a reason! Let’s be real with each other. You can never have too many pairs of denim shorts, whether you opt for white tailored ones, high-waisted cargo iterations or your go-to cut-offs. Pair them with your swimsuit for a poolside afternoon or with a blouse and heels for an al fresco dinner.
Summer fashion is jean shorts, to be succinct about it. They add so much value to even the tiniest capsule wardrobes. Why? Well, for starters, summer shorts are easily packable — even in the smallest tote or weekend carry-on and keep you cool and comfortable in a variety of social situations and settings. Finding flattering jean shorts takes a little research and a little more trying on, but once you find a brand and a fit that works well for you, it’s a shorts game changer. You just have to find the right silhouette.
In short? Shorts are a must. We combed several shopping sites to find the best, most flattering pairs of jean shorts the internet has to offer at a wide range of price points. Are you ready to find your next favorite pair for this summer? Read on for our top picks you’ll want to buy online immediately.
$150 and Under
Etica Elia High Rise Utility Shorts
- Why We Love It: The contrast stitching makes these flattering shorts a little more special. Boasting a four-pocket style and relaxed legs, you’ll live in these organic cotton shorts all summer long. The button fly is a ‘90s nostalgia moment.
- The Cost: $142 at Neimanmarcus.com.
Agolde Parker Distressed
- Why We Love It: Agolde jeans are wildly popular for a reason! The light wash, plus relaxed fit and distressed denim creates a vintage look. The high waist is flattering and pairs perfectly with these jean shorts’ raw edge hems.
- The Cost: $138 at Nordstrom.com.
$100 and Under
Joe’s Jeans Janessa Mid-Rise Cut-Off Denim Shorts
- Why We Love It: This very cute pair of stretch denim shorts are super wearable and also are deeply comfortable. Offering a five-pocket style, these classic shorts boast a faded wash, whiskered detail and fringed cuffs.
- The Cost: $69.99 at Saksofffifth.com.
Jen 7 by 7 For All Mankind
- Why We Love It: Sometimes you want a longer jean short moment, whether you’re running errands or just want a little more coverage. These Bermuda shorts fit the bill! Featuring a chic cuff and a dark wash, they offer a chic, laid-back look thanks to their touch (just a touch!) of artful deconstruction. You can also cuff them a few times to take them from Bermuda to Daisy Dukes, if you please.
- The Cost: $79 at Nordstrom.com.
Liverpool Los Angeles Kristy High Waist Denim Shorts
- Why We Love It: White shorts aren’t always the most flattering shorts you can wear — that’s why you want to find a heavier fabric and a nice drape and fit. These particular high-waist denim shorts in white fit the bill. We love that the cuffed hems make these summer shorts just a little bit more formal for barbecues and get-togethers.
- The Cost: $68 at Nordstrom.com.
Madewell Relaxed Deconstructed Edition Denim Shorts
- Why We Love It: These fan-favorite jean shorts boast a lower-on-the-hips cut for a slouchy and relaxed vibe. Slight distressing and a cut-off hem make them perfect for a poolside afternoon.
- The Cost: $74.50 at Nordstrom.com.
Relaxed Denim Short in Waterside Wash
- Why We Love It: A touch of the ‘80s makes these jean shorts nostalgic, nautical and nice. You can’t beat that combination! Featuring 100% cotton (meaning no stretch, just like in the ‘80s), these cute jean shorts offer a weightiness that does need a little breaking in at first. But once that happens, they’ll quickly become a wardrobe staple in your closet. In short? They’re the perfect denim shorts.
- The Cost: $79.50 at Jcrew.com.
$50 and Under
Rag & Bone Miramar Cotton Shorts
- Why We Love It: Why wear jean shorts when you can wear super comfortable sweat shorts that feel like pajamas — that look exactly like jean shorts? Available in three colorways, these super wearable shorts will be your new go-to for everything from trips away to working from home. You’ll wonder how you possibly lived without them so long — and you’ll probably want to buy a second pair as soon as possible.
- The Cost: $49.99 at Saksofffith.com.
Higher High-Waisted Button-Fly Sky-Hi A-Line Cut-Off Non-Stretch Jean Shorts
- Why We Love It: These chic and inexpensive denim shorts offer a bit of a longer inseam and a super flattering A-line shape. These nostalgic ‘90s-style shorts will take any outfit — from uber casual to very formal — to the next level of style. All for under $15. Plus! They come in an extremely wide range of sizes. You’ll want multiple pairs for summer 2022.
- The Cost: $12 at Oldnavy.com.
Levi’s Women’s High Waisted Mom Shorts
- Why We Love It: You’ll positively live in these shorts. Day or night! It’s specifically the high waist and feminine detailing that make these lighter-wash denim shorts a true win. They offer a subtly ‘80s vibe interpreted in a modern, chic way. You’ll want to wear these shorts to everything, from parties to concerts to beach trips all summer long.
- The Cost: $39.31 at Amazon.com (back in stock soon).
The post Flattering Jean Shorts Perfect for Summer appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.