Ad content in partnership with Expedia — bringing the world within reach.
Studies have shown that planning a vacation can do wonders for our mental health and happiness. In fact — some social scientists believe that the simple act of planning a trip can actually make people happier than going on the trip itself. That is especially true when planning the trip is done entirely on one easy-to-use platform, like Expedia.
No matter who you are or where you are going, Expedia will help you find the trip that’s right for you, while getting you the best value every time. Whether it’s planning a family vacation, booking for business or organizing the trip of a lifetime, the Expedia Group brands unlock the best travel deals, all in one spot. Right now, you can save 8% off hotel stays of $450+ with our RetailMeNot exclusive code!
Those looking for a quicker booking process (opposed to having to click from tab to tab trying to find cohesive flights and accommodations on different apps and websites) will find Expedia’s travel platform to be a breath of fresh air. That’s because Expedia’s investments in technology makes it possible to deliver innovations at a faster pace, so planning and booking becomes a more effortless and exciting part of the journey.
Whether you’re planning a business trip into the city or you’re dreaming of an unforgettable beachside escape with the family, here’s what you need to know about Expedia that will make the trip-planning stages that much more streamlined, efficient and affordable:
Benefits of Expedia
- There are tons of last-minute deals: Expedia is going to be your best bet if you tend to be a spontaneous trip planner. The platform has last-minute travel deals on hotels and flights departing within the next fourteen days. We’re talking up to 40 percent off big-name hotel brands all over the world.
- Everything is in one spot: Booking accommodations, car rentals or flights on different websites and platforms can create a logistical headache — especially if you’re traveling without reliable internet. Rolling your whole trip into one package means all of your travel details are conveniently located in one spot and you can avoid any travel mishaps — like booking the wrong hotel dates based on flight times.
- Convenient payment plans: Expedia allows you to make monthly payments leading up to your trip, so saving for your vacation is easy and efficient. The platform also offers a “book now, pay later” option that allows you to pay off your vacation at your leisure.
- It’s cheaper than many other options: Booking travel through Expedia is oftentimes cheaper than many other hotel or flight booking services available online. This is because the travel bookings platform is able to pre-purchase flights and hotel stays in bulk at a reduced rate and pass those savings onto you.
How to Save Even More With Expedia
You’ll find tons of great deals on everything from beachfront properties to high-rise hotel rooms on Expedia — but there are even more ways to save than meets the eye. Here are some of the best ways to get the most for your money:
- Book on the app: Downloading the app isn’t just convenient — it’s economical. You’ll earn double Expedia Rewards points when you book on the app, plus get travel alerts and easily manage your bookings on the go.
- Save with package deals: Packaging your flight, hotel and car rental is one of the best ways to score the best deals with Expedia. Now through May 15, you can save 8% off hotel stays of $450+ with our RetailMeNot exclusive code!
- Join the Expedia Rewards loyalty program: The Expedia Rewards loyalty program is one of the best options we’ve seen in terms of saving opportunities and perks. Members can expect exclusive sales, points that can be redeemed for free travel, discounted hotel rates (we’re talking up to 10 percent off) and VIP access at certain hotels that’ll grant you free WiFi, spa credits and more, depending on the property.
- Sign up for Expedia emails: Savvy travelers should also sign up for the Expedia email newsletter. Those registered to receive emails will unlock access to special discounts and Expedia coupons as soon as they are released as well as advanced previews of upcoming sale events.
- Consider booking as a group: Planning a large family getaway or corporate event? Booking as a group will unlock the exclusive group rate savings on hotels and properties around the world.
Best Summer Vacation Properties in the U.S.
Now that you’re primed and ready to travel this summer we’ve rounded up some of the best summer vacation properties that you can book directly through Expedia. These stateside escapes will suit all types of vacationers:
Best Beachfront Property: Malibu Beach Paradise Apartments
Those looking for a stunning beachside escape should check out the Malibu Beach Paradise Apartments in Malibu, California. The elegant property is located on a private beachfront with sun-drenched terraces, gardens and patios to fully take advantage of the ocean breeze.
Best Cabin Getaway: Bryce Valley Lodging
If exploring the country’s national parks is more your speed you’ll want to look into the Bryce Valley Lodging. These charming mini cabins are located just 13 minutes from Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah and come equipped with everything you’ll need for a comfortable summertime escape: outdoor grills, outdoor showers, air conditioning, coffee makers and more.
Best Camping Trip: Days End Campground & RV Park
Summertime is synonymous with camping for outdoor-minded travelers — and Expedia is packed with campground properties across the country. The Days End Campground & RV Park in South Dakota features both premium tents and cabins as well as running water and bathrooms on site — which are perfect for families that might prefer some modern amenities while roughing it in the wilderness.
The post How Expedia Makes Booking Travel Fast and Affordable — Plus, The Best Spots to Book appeared first on The Real Deal by RetailMeNot.